Honorable Service Scholarship Program for Independent Living
Recognizing Your Service to the Church
Those who work in ministry are caring, talented, and exceptional in so many ways. We, at Presbyterian Senior Living, celebrate your life and honor your service to the church through the Honorable Service Scholarship Program.
Retired clergy, their spouse and others who have faithfully served area churches and have had a relationship with a Presbyterian Senior Living community are eligible to apply for discounted Independent Living fees for those communities.
The Honorable Service Scholarship Program offers the following:
- A two-tiered model offers discounts on Independent Living entrance fees or in the absence of entrance fees, monthly fee or rent.
- Tier 1 includes Presbyterian and United Methodist clergy, retired Presbyterian Senior Living employees and long-term Presbyterian Senior Living volunteers – 40% discount.
- Tier 2 includes other denominational groups that support the mission of a Presbyterian Senior Living community – 25% discount.
Criteria for eligibility:
- 55 years of age or whatever is consistent with the campus being considered.
- Employed full-time for 20 years by a denomination that supports a Presbyterian Senior Living facility.
- At least 5 of the qualifying years must have been served within the boundaries of our service area.
- If employed full-time by the church for 10 years, discount is pro-rated at ½ of the benefit.
- Eligible applicants must be able to verify qualifying period of employment.
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need.
For more information:
Please contact Jane Erikson, Sales Director, at 717-749-2308 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.